When anxiety rears its head, how do you handle it? While there isn’t an easy fix, focusing your thoughts on Scripture and on what’s true can help in those times. The areas below are a way to center your heart and mind on those things.
Scripture Reading Plan on Anxiety
The Daily ROAD is a simple framework that will help you gain courage to approach Scripture and give you focus and depth to your time, no matter where you are in your walk with Christ. This framework will work for you if you have 10 minutes or 1 hour.
As you read the Bible, books can help you make sense of what you’re reading and allow you to dive deeper into Scripture and study. Here are a few books we recommend:
- Try Softer by Aundi Kolber
- Rest for Your Soul: A Bible Study on Silence, Solitude, and Prayer by Wendy Blight
- Get Out of Your Head by Jennie Allen
- Reset: Powerful Habits to Own Your Thoughts, Understand Your Feelings, and Change Your Life by Dr. Debra Fileta
There are a lot of resources to choose from on the internet, but we want to equip you with some helpful and sound articles and podcasts that we trust can help you navigate this topic.
- Becoming Something with Jonathan Pokluda – Episode 219: Reset Your Mental Health (feat. Debra Fileta)
- The Place We Find Ourselves with Adam Young – 109 Anxiety: What It Is and How To Respond To It
- Made For This with Jennie Allen – Overcoming Stress and Anxiety with Bethany Hamilton
- The Allender Center Podcast – Calm and Quiet in Psalm 131